Our Appraisal Process
Beginning the appraisal process can seem like a daunting task. With the help of a professional team like Quiggins Appraisal, the appraisal process can be virtually painless and no hassle to the client.
Our appraisal process begins with a simple conversation with potential clients to determine their appraisal needs. Through this conversation we find out:
- Client expectations
- Property details (data gathered from sources like PVA and online listings/mappings)
We continue the appraisal process by scheduling a property visit. While onsite we:
- Observe the entire exterior of the property using laser measuring devices, handheld electronics, photos and floorplans
- Measure the property according to ANSI® Z765-2013. The ANSI® Standard is the leading universally recognized standard for calculating residential square footage
- Obtain photos of both the exterior and interior of the property
- Interview the homeowner, realtor, etc.
Once we’ve carefully evaluated the property, we conduct thorough neighborhood research to view comparable properties in the area. All the information we gather is synced to the Cloud and is available to be downloaded at our office.
After the previous steps have been thoroughly and adequately evaluated and completed, we work on writing up a detailed property report. This report includes:
- Which appraisal approach is considered the most effective for the property – Sales Comparison Approach, Cost Approach, or Income Approach
- A market-derived adjustment based on the property’s living area, site size, bedroom count, design, etc.
- Property adjustments, which are applied to comparable sales in the area to illustrate a range of value
- The appraisal report is reviewed, electronically signed, and delivered to the client
If you’re in need of a property appraisal, estate appraisal, and/or home appraisal, Quiggins Appraisal has you covered. We’ll walk you through the process and make sure you’re on the same page each step of the way. Contact us with any questions or appraisal needs today!